Wednesday, March 30, 2005

 

First Post

I actually did read around a bit on the subject of starting and maintaining a blog, at least on nontechnical sites. One of the few things which immediately stood out as a Rule from experienced bloggers was that one's first post would inevitably be a lame one (other rules were mostly sensible etiquette, or things like 'Make Sure Trackbacks Work!' which may make sense to me later). So, here's my lame first post.

I'm intending this site as a public rallying point for distribution of information and issues for the use of activists belonging to the Halifax County Republican Party. Public information, that is, not to include lists of things the local Democrats can use against us. However, given what came out yesterday in the Roanoke Rapids Daily Herald http://www.rrdailyherald.com/articles/2005/03/28/news/news3.txt , which casually mentioned (on the front page, 5 columns above the fold) that only Ken Robol and I attended the county convention, I think we can dispense, for a while, with secrecy concerning the fact that we're seriously weak organizationally. Already a few folks have stepped up to fill party posts, and I'll be out pounding the pavement every day to fill the rest of the most necessary posts, but it'll be no secret that if you are a registered Republican, reside in Halifax County, subscribe to the NC Republican Oath http://www.ncgop.org/gopinformation/oath.asp and are willing to support most of the party platform http://www.ncgop.org/gopinformation/platform.asp , there is at least a precinct officer's post waiting for you!

I, (Randall) Kent Ross, am the current Chairman of the Halifax County Republican Party. True, I got the job merely by volunteering at a time of low local activism (I really only wanted to get certified as a 'real Republican' to go out and canvass my own neighborhood and thought there'd be a whole organization out there to integrate myself into, i.e., I wanted an entry level job), but when the lowest post on offer turned out to be the county chair, I stepped up, and I'm a little pleased with myself for that, at least. I may be overwhelmed and inadequate as things develop, but it hasn't happened yet. I may be replaced in the near term (with no regrets!) at the initiative of County Commissioner Gene Minton or NC GOP chairman Ferrell Blount, if either of them turns out to've had a better candidate for county chair waiting in the wings who just didn't hear about it when our convention was scheduled, but for now I'm it and I'll be doing the best I can.

If you'd like to help (or take over) and meet the qualifications above, I can be contacted here, or at rkrossus"AT"yahoo.com or by phone at (252) 535-3923.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?